Friday 3 May 2019

First post

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1g9ED2IrTuSs-8k34AdfOd347gLduao5Ehttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16OGF7IaaGASno4xTj_9AwvYdS7FI2UdPIt's 6.30am and I am writing the very first blog post here. I have a well deserved glass of white wine in my hand (don't judge, read further) and I am almost at the end of my layover time in Lisbon. Thank god.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pDfBqz0SaxAZeMjdCULpp8NP6YVlK3RRhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1tae9sa70-FnOcehtQOL8BpCTfe4zQqud



So, at the moment I am located in Lisbon, more specifically at the airport, at ANA lounge. I was supposed to have a good night sleep in a hostel 3km away from the airport, but as usual, things did not go as planned. So, the first 5 hours of my layover I spent sleeping on the airport floor, until finally at 5am the lounge opened. Might not be the greatest start for my 3 month long trip to Ghana, but at least I will remember this forever. Besides, luckily I am very accustomed airport sleeper. Once I spent more than 24 hours at JFK, and by the way, there wifi was free only for 30 minutes, and you all know how boring airports can be.. So, things could be much worse. And this lounge is pretty cool and worth every penny!


Anyway, if everything goes as planned, I will arrive to Accra at 2.25pm today, and actually I have no idea what is bound to happen after that. Most likely, I will go to and change my euros to local currency cedi and get local sim card for my phone. And then, to be honest, I would just like to sleep and prepare myself for the four (4) to seven (7) hour long (?) bus drive to Takoradi. I really hope the duration of the bus trip is closer to the 4 hours than 7. Long way to go still, can't wait to get to my actual final destination!

To conclude my first post; Welcome to follow my (already eventful) trip to Ghana. I will be telling later on more detailed about the whole thing, now I just wanted to introduce the "name" of my blog and ended up ranting about my first leg of the trip. So, here’s the explanation:
Obi nnim a, obi kyere is a twi proverb (I've heard that Ghanaians love proverbs!), literally meaning that "if someone does not know, someone teaches". The deeper meaning behind the proverb is that there is no shame in not knowing something, and that knowledge should be shared to improve one another. Failure to share knowledge to one other will lead to "ignorant society that goes backwards, not forward". I really like this proverb, it is pretty accurate and goes perfectly with the themes of education, professional development, collaboration and communities, which happen to be main themes of my trip. 




No comments:

Post a Comment